It’s always a good idea to hire a professional, licensed, insured, and bonded service company to do your inspections and HVAC maintenance every fall and spring. Some tasks are a bit too challenging for everyday homeowners. Christian Brothers will inspect, clean, and repair wiring and other key mechanisms of your air conditioning unit(s).
Call today to schedule HVAC maintenance service (623) 499-9794.
By following our maintenance service partner plan we will prolong the life and increase the efficiency of your system. We provide the best service in Arizona for HVAC and are always available for our loyal customers.
HVAC Maintenance Service
As with most major appliances and investments, HVAC maintenance is mandatory to ensure that your HVAC system continues operating smoothly and efficiently. With any HVAC system there are some things you as the homeowner can do without any experience, training, or technical knowledge.
If you’re uncomfortable performing maintenance tasks yourself we highly encourage you to call and schedule our licensed, highly trained technicians at (623) 499-9794.
- Your air filter is a vital part of the HVAC system. It removes debris, particles, dust, allgerns, and dander from your air. During hot Arizona months more dust may be in your A/C than other months. Your air filters should be inspected and replaced at least four times a year. It’s easiest to consider your air filter quarterly, for each AZ season.
- During the summer set the temperature on the thermostat at around 78 degrees to save the most money. For winter, set your thermostat for around 70 degrees.
- Inspect the air vents in each room. Remove dust that covers your vent so there’s smooth ventilation and be sure nothing is blocking the vent openings.
- Go outside and gently sweep around the area of your unit(s). Remove any weeds, grass, shrubs, and other plants around the HVAC unit(s). You can invest in an annual HVAC maintenance agreement and let our professionals take care of any rusted parts such as bolts and nuts. We will also inspect and fix any loose electrical connections, ensure your controls are working properly, inspect the condensate drain for blockage, inspect your air ducts for leakage, add lubricant to moving parts in the HVAC system, and if necessary configure the system blower for proper air flow to your home. Never use a pressure washer on your HVAC unit.
- You should make sure that there is at least two feet of clearance around your outdoor air conditioning unit(s) and heat pump(s).
- Never close more than 20% of your home’s vents putting strain on your HVAC system.
- Preventative maintenance for clogs by annually pouring a cup of dilluted bleach mixed with water down the air conditioner condensate drain. This can prevent build up of mold and algae causes clogs.
- Replace the battery in your home’s carbon monoxide detector once per year.
- Visual inspection. Check your HVAC system on a regular basis. You might notice warning signs that you need a professional. Catching any issues early can save you from expensive repairs. Frozen coils to water leaks, dirty evaporator coils or condenser coils may require a licensed pro.
- Inspect your electrical connections and test voltage on system components for loose disconnected connection. If you find disconnected or broken cables, call Christian Brothers right away. Ultimately your HVAC is not operating properly or safetly, which can also increase chances of system failure.
What kind of maintenance do I need for my HVAC system?
No matter the reason for replacing your HVAC, it’s an expensive investment. To make sure you receive the best return on your investment you should be measuring in terms of SEER and HSPF ratings.
This will save you money in the long run. We install the best HVAC systems, using the right HVAC system customized to your home. With the right install maintained by a certified professional you will save money on your energy bills.
Call us today at (623) 499-9794 to discuss your HVAC options.