Ceiling Fan & Chandelier Installation Services
Ceiling fan and chandeliers are quite tricky to install. Call ceiling fan & chandelier installation at (623) 499-9794 to ensure the job is done right. Be sure to click here for access to online coupons and specials you’ll appreciate.
Click here to see online reviews of our work in AZ and its surrounding areas!
Installing Ceiling Fans
There is not a doubt that ceiling fans have become a very popular form of lighting that helps to keep air flowing in the home. As a result there are energy savings to be had in both summer and winter months. In the summer they help to cool a room down with a soothing breeze – this in turns takes a lot of pressure off air conditioners, (not to mention having air movement in the summer helps us to feel some relief). In the cold winter months, ceiling fans help to circulate warm air and this is a bonus in keeping a room warm in between the times the furnace comes on.
Chandeliers can cause one to have a headache when trying to figure out how to install one. There is no shortage of DIY information on the Internet and getting started may sound easy – until you get part way in. Often, people make the horrible mistake of not having the correct electrical box to support the weight of a chandelier and end up with a mess that costs them a fortune to rectify.
If there are gas lighting pipes in your ceiling that are no longer used, you just might be able to use an ordinary electrical box to enclose the electrical connections and a hickey to support your chandelier. If this sounds foreign to you then please call an electrician for guidance.
The DIY Approach
If you try to attempt an installation please remember these simple basic rules:
- Read the instructions completely.
- Work during daylight.
- Always have someone with you.
- Never work on a live circuit – ALWAYS cut power to protect your life.
- Have all the tools you need before you start including a weight-appropriate electrical box. Most ceiling boxes are designed to support light fixtures under 50 pounds. Anything at that weight or heavier means the electrical box must be replace.
- Should you begin to doubt yourself, have any feelings of fear or if you get to a point you are not sure what to do next then stop and consult a licensed electrician.
Ceiling fan and chandelier installation is much easier if you have access from an attic. However, if you feel even a smattering of doubt, please do not attempt the installation on your own. It is much better to be safe than sorry by calling Christian Brothers Plumbing, Air Conditioning, and Electrical at (623) 499-9794 in AZ and surrounding areas.